This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and applies to the provision of goods and services to the public or other third parties, not to the goods themselves.
Chrysalis Yoga Studio will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
The Provision of Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities.
Chrysalis Yoga will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all Members receive the same value and quality;
- Allowing Members with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that Members with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services; and
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the Member's disability.
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by Chrysalis Yoga. The provision, use and safety of personal assistive devices are the responsibility of the person with a disability.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be used to ensure that Members are able to access our services.
Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs
Member with a disability that is accompanied by guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to Chrysalis premises that are open to the public unless otherwise excluded by law. “No pet” policies do not apply to guide dogs, service animals and/or service dogs.
If a guide dog, service animal or service dog is excluded by law (see applicable laws below) Chrysalis will offer alternative methods to enable the person with a disability to access goods and services, when possible (for example, securing the animal in a safe location and offering the guidance of an Associate).
There may be rare circumstances where, for reasons of health and safety of another person, allowing a person with a disability to enter a premises accompanied by a service animal needs to be considered. An example of such a situation may include where a person is allergic to animals and adversely affected if they are in close proximity to a service animal. If deemed necessary, a risk assessment will be conducted by Chrysalis Yoga Associates. The risk assessment will include identifying the risks inherent with the service animal being in the area of concern and identify alternate measures available to enable the person with a disability to access Chrysalis Yoga`s services.
The Health Protection and Promotion Act, Ontario Regulation 562 Section 60, normally does not allow animals in places where food is manufactured, prepared, processed, handled, served, displayed, stored, sold or offered for sale. It does allow guide dogs and service dogs to go into places where food is served, sold or offered for sale. However, other types of service animals are not included in this exception.
Dog Owners' Liability Act, Ontario: If there is a conflict between a provision of this Act or of a regulation under this or any other Act relating to banned breeds (such as pit bulls) and a provision of a by-law passed by a municipality relating to these breeds, the provision that is more restrictive in relation to controls or bans on these breeds prevails.
Recognizing a Guide Dog, Service Dog and/or Service Animal: If it is not readily apparent that the animal is being used by the Member for reasons relating to his or her disability, Chrysalis Yoga may request verification from the Member, which may include:
- A letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons related to the disability;
- A valid identification card signed by the Attorney General of Canada; or,
- A certificate of training from a recognized guide dog or service animal training school
Care and Control of the Animal:
The Member that is accompanied by a guide dog, service dog and/or service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all time. The safety and clean up of the service animal is also the responsibility of the person with a disability.
If a Member with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Chrysalis Yoga will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the Member is not prevented from having access to the support person.
Support persons will be required to sign the Guest Sign-in Sheet which includes a liability waiver. In addition, support persons are permitted to enter Chrysalis Yoga locations for the purposes of providing assistance to Members with a disability only. They are not permitted to provide services that otherwise could be provided by Chrysalis Yoga Associates, for example Personal Training services.
There may be rare circumstances where, for reasons of health and safety, Chrysalis Yoga may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person when accessing services at Chrysalis Yoga’s premises. For example, a Member with a brain injury or mental disorder may be prone to confusion, outbursts or agitation that are best handled by individuals who are properly trained or familiar with the person with a disability.
Where it is necessary to discuss confidential information with a Member, the Member’s consent will be obtained prior to discussing such information with the support worker present.
Support persons will not be required to pay any guest fees to enter our studio when they are attending exclusively to provide support to a Member with a disability.
Notice of Disruptions in Service
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Chrysalis Yoga. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that Member's with disabilities rely on to access or use Chrysalis Yoga's goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
Notifications will include:
In the event that a notification needs to be posted the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable;
- Reason for the disruption;
- Anticipated duration; and
- A description of any alternative services or options.
When disruptions occur Chrysalis yoga will provide notice by:
- Posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption;
- Contacting Members with appointments, whenever possible;
- Verbally notifying Members when they are making appointments, whenever possible;
- Posting information through various social media outlets: Chrysalis yoga website, as well as Chrysalis yoga Twitter and Facebook accounts;
- Any other methods that we may determine are reasonable in the circumstances.
Chrysalis yoga will provide Clients with the opportunity to give feedback on our delivery of services to Clients with disabilities. Information about the feedback process will be readily available in all of our facilities, or by contacting our Studio Manager. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email), will be available upon request.
Clients can submit feedback to:
- Any Associates within our location(s);
- By contacting our Studio Manager at email@example.com
- Via mail to Chrysalis yoga 4040 Palladium Way, Unit 11, Burlington, L7M 0V6
Clients that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Where possible, feedback will be addressed immediately. Some feedback may, however, require more effort to address and may need to be reviewed before an action is taken. Chrysalis yoga will respond as soon as possible in such circumstances.
Training will be provided to:
- All Associates and volunteers who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of Chrysalis yoga; and,
- Those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
Training for our Associates pertaining to this policy will cover the following:
Training for our Associates pertaining to this policy will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who:
- Use assistive devices;
- Require the assistance of a guide dog, service dog or other service animal; or
- Require the use of a support person (including the handling of admission fees).
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services.
- Chrysalis yoga's policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to Members with disabilities.
Chrysalis yoga will provide training as soon as practicable. Training will be provided to new Associates and volunteers who deal with the public or act on our behalf.
Notice of Availability and Format of Documents
Chrysalis yoga shall notify Members that the documents related to the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the Member's disability. Notification of such availability will be given by posting the information in a conspicuous place in each of the premises owned and operated by Chrysalis yoga and on Chrysalis yoga's website.