What do I Bring or Wear?
- Beach-size towel
- Water - all of our water is filtered
- Yoga mat (mats are also available for rent and purchase)
- Dress in light, comfortable clothing
- If you wish to shower after class, bring another towel as there are change rooms and showers
- We practice yoga without shoes or socks
What do I do?
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2 hours before practicing
- Come 15 - 20 minutes early to introduce yourself, receive a tour and settle in before class starts
- Remove shoes in the designated area
- Let the teacher know of any injuries, limitations and other concerns
- Turn your cellphone off for class
- Keep conversations low in the yoga rooms
Check out common FAQs and Etiquette
New to Yoga
It takes courage to try something new. Yoga isn't about who can touch their toes but rather it is about your personal journey. We will hopefully put your mind at ease as soon as you walk through the door. At Chrysalis Yoga, we welcome students of all ages and abilities. You will be supported to go at your own pace.
Which classes can I start with?
We strongly recommend starting with our Foundations of Yoga Series - a 4 week series that starts at the beginning of every month. Here we take you step by step through the practice of yoga. We break down the poses, help you to find the best alignment for you and because the classes are limited in size, you are free to ask all the questions you like.
Or if you just want to dive right into our classes, you are welcome to try Gentle Yoga classes, Hot Intro, Hatha Intro and Hot Yin. Take advantage of our Introductory Special where you can try as many classes as like for 30 days for $40 + HST.
We have designed a 4-week workshop series (1 class a week) for the absolute beginner or anyone wanting a step-by-step review of the basics! In just 4 weeks, you will walk away with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of yoga.
What You Will Receive:
- Personal attention in the class (class size is limited to 12 students)
- How to modify poses for your body and/or injuries
- Weekly check-in emails
- A booklet with 4 weeks worth of content - instructions on yoga poses covered in class, reflection questions and other information based on that week
- A weekly video home practice with owners, Shanine & Clayton
- A care package with tons of great items to get you started in your practice
If you decide not to start with the Foundations of Yoga series first, we recommend all new students buy our intro special of 30 days of unlimited yoga for $40, on their first visit to our studio. You can also always do this during or after the Foundations of Yoga course.
- Unlimited Yoga for 30 days
- Try all Our Teachers
- Try Different Styles
- Find Class Times that Suit Your Schedule